Saturday, August 28, 2010

Last Cavalryman painted!


I finished painting the last Union Cavalryman today, so that means it's on to finishing my Flames of War army right!?

Wrong!
Plans kind of got changed a little bit, I had talked to my wife about doing a diorama for her brother and with a surprise 30th birthday party in one week I thought I'd better go ahead and start on this now! Being a Kentucky boy he's proud of the Orphan Brigade, and since I'm in the middle of reading William C. Davis' book "The Orphan Brigade: The Kentucky Confederates Who Couldn't Go Home" it seemed like the perfect time!
I was hoping to use a lot more miniatures for this for a grander effect but I thought 10 figures was a more reasonable project given that I have a pregnant wife that is on bedrest and only a week to complete this! Anyways, enough rambling and on the the pictures!


I've got the figures cleaned, basecoated, glued to the base, gravel glued, and I am almost finished with the base coat.




As you can see I've got a lot of space to fill on this, in hindsight I wish I had a smaller base for this, but I'll just have to make do!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...