Sunday, July 25, 2010

A quick trip to the gaming store for a brush...

...and this is what I come home with!


I dropped off Lee and Reynolds(who I found out is posing as Meade!) off at Pet Shop Comics yesterday and my intent was to just get a new brush and a pot of GW's clear coat but instead I left with 2 brushes, clear coat, an ACW Cavalry Brigade blister, and Field of Glory's Caesars Legions boxset! Rick was ever so nice to give me the ACW Cavalry, and I spent my vacation sushi money on the Romans! I've been eyeing them for some time, and my friend Luke has some Celts so I went ahead and took the plunge!

I spent a lot of yesterday afternoon prepping the Romans- I do have to say that it took forever to get all of the sprues cut up and the bits all cleaned up. After about an hour and a half this is what it looked like...



The figures do look great for the price and I am really anxious to paint them up. I've got a third of them already assembled and I will post some more pictures this afternoon once they are all assembled. I still have to figure out how I am going to base them because we haven't decided on a rule set. So they'll probably just get temporary cardboard bases while they get painted.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I am on vacation this whole week so look for lots of updates and pretty pictures!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...