Sunday, March 21, 2010

Project Update

I don't have a planned ending to this project, I guess I will keep working on it until I get distracted by something else or run out of table/storage room.

Either way, here is my progress so far. The empty bases represent the lead I already have purchased and is waiting to be painted.



Here is my first Union Brigade, I need to paint up the last regiment and base them (With the Brigade Commander), dull coat everything, and add flags.



Next is the second Union Brigade, as you can see I still have a lot of work to do on this and will need to buy some more figs too. Front to back will be the Brigade Commander, an Infantry Regiment, Cavalry Regiment, the same Regiment dismounted and finally the back row will be the horse holders.



It was difficult to only pick out 9 of the dismounted Union Cavalry from the Sash and Saber lot because they were some of the best figures I've seen by them. But I wanted to equal the same amount of figures (12) as the mounted version. (9 Dismounted + 3 holding 12 total horses.)
I will probably add 2-3 more Infantry Regiments to this Brigade.

Up next, the Confederates! The first brigade is nearing completion. Nothing to really write about. I am considering basing the partially painted Regiment the same as the Union Regiment in the long grass.



And finally the second Confederate Brigade, at this point just the one Infantry Regiment and the Brigade Commander. I am considering providing the Rebels some Cavalry to counter those Yanks, but I'm not convinced the effort is worth it, since I like to paint the dismounted versions as well. Not to mention the time consumed painting all of the horses twice!



I think I am going to have to quit procrastinating here pretty soon and start working on flags. There's just something appealing about the ACW flags that really look great on the table. I thought that if I left them until I had a bunch to do it would be easier but now it's looking like a daunting task!

Any requests for Regiments or flags to be represented shoot me a comment or e-mail. At this point I don't have any picked out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...