Thursday, April 2, 2009

HUGE 15MM ACW Game!

Tonight we started a huge 15MM American Civil War game at Petshop Comics- my LGS. I provided about 300 mini's and Rick provided the other 4,000 or so! The rules we are using are a home grown set that Rick has written. Once the PDF is online I will link it. The battlefield is about 6'x15' and has a mixture of high ground, fences, and trees with a river on one side. My lovely wife has the camera with her in Florida, but I took a bunch of pictures with my phone, and if I can figure out how to upload them I will post them on here.

I controlled the Union, Alan took the Confederates, and Rick played ref/advisor. One my left we both massed all of our cavalry, and then charged them up a hill, meeting at the top where my outnumbered cavalry were slaughtered. I wheeled my left flank around into a defensive position as my massed infantry on the middle and right begain to move forward. Alan dug in his Rebel soldiers and prepared to fire at my army as they advanced across the mostly open ground. And that is where we are now, 3 hours and 4 turns later.

Another memorable event is when my unit of Rush's Lancers charged across the battlefield and displaced one of his units that was digging in, before charging another unit and being destroyed! They have had consistently poor performance rarely even reaching an assault so I was thrilled to be the first to get some kills with them!

We will try to finish the game tomorrow night, and I will hopefully be able to update then with pictures.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...