Sunday, March 27, 2011

Union Cavalry in 15mm

I just finished up a Brigade (based for Fire and Fury) of generic Union Cavalry in 15mm. I think the manufacturer is Musket Miniatures, they were given to me by a friend. These are to a war gaming standard, I was just trying to get them table ready as quick as possible, no highlights or washing or anything.

Here's a closeup. Click to enlarge at your own risk!

Next I've got the Brigade- mounted and dismounted all together for a family photo. The downside to Cavalry is to do it right you end of painting a whole lot of figures to have them mounted and dismounted, and in American Civil War they rarely even make it on the table.

And here is a closeup of the dismounts. Flags were both hand painted, quickly I may add, nothing special!

I'm starting to build up a decent little bit of Cavalry for both sides, I think it's time to start looking for some Cavalry heavy scenarios. Brandy Station comes to mind... Or, there was a bridge about 8 miles from my house that was contested by John Hunt Morgan on one of his famous raids, maybe I should write my own scenario with a little bit of a local allure!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...